The Cookie Chronicles

Back Story: I am moving in January. I am, indeed, flying to Texas to get a dog next week and driving back. The hot breath of the holidays is searing my neck. Presents to be gotten. Lists everywhere. Little yellow stickie notes everywhere. Details and itineraries dancing like sugarplums in my head.

Sparkle: "What do you want for Christmas?"
Sister: "I want to make cookies with you."
Sparkle: "Cookies?"
Sister: "Yeah."
Sparkle: "Can we buy them?"
Sister: "Ha ha! No. It's about spending time together."
Sparkle: "Oh. Can we spend time together at a nice, cozy little bakery?"
Sister: "Ha ha!"
Sparkle: "Uh. Ha! So, what would you really like?"

That wasn't going to happen this year. No cookie-making. Nope. No matter how much I love my sister, there was no time to...
...make cookies.
So, here are some for you. I recommend the oreo truffles, but you can't really go wrong with any of 'em.

See you next week from Texas (or, lord knows I'll probably take photos at the airport).