Your Vote Counts!

So, I have a dog that I got when she was a puppy and that I have never met. And now, I need to go to Texas and bring her back to where I live--far from Texas, I might note. Let me explain all of that another time, shall I? For the moment, let me just share the following conversation with you:

Sparkle's Friend: "So, I'll have to buy her a crate and you can't drug dogs anymore, but I think I can just pop her on the plane and you can pick her up at the airport."

Sparkle: "Well, won't it be WEIRD for her? She gets put in a cage and has to be in this weird, dark, cold place, and her little heart is pounding, and then she's suddenly at the airport--BOOM--and there I am and she doesn't know me from Adam. I'd be plenty freaked out. I really would be! And, it's not like she can drink a Bloody Mary to relax on the flight."

Sparkle's Friend: "Well, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think she's that bright. I'm just a little worried that they'll leave her out on the tarmac somewhere."

Sparkle: "Out on the TARMAC? GEEZ! That's no good!"

Sparkle's Friend: "Yeah. That'd be bad."

Sparkle: "Okay. I have to come and pick her up, then. I don't really know how this is going to work, but you don't have to get a crate, okay?"

Sparkle's Friend: "All righty."

So, that's what I need to do. I need to go get a dog in Texas and bring her back up. Please feel free to vote on the method you think I should use--the poll is to the right of this post. Also, if you have any routes from Texas to New England that you believe are particularly easy to drive in the winter, please do not hesitate to share them with me.

Oh, my. I know I said that I was hankering for a road trip, but I'd be more excited about it if it was summertime. Anyhoo, courtesy of Stuck-With-A-Comb, here is a picture of me as a dog. I think I'm kinda cute as a dog--and it's pretty funny that he turned me into one when I have pooches so very much on my mind this week...