Sparkle: "So, how was your trip to Venice, Italy niece?"
Niece: "I don't know. Venice was kind of...sketchy."
I was pretty surpised that "sketchy" was her major impression, but then I thought about this movie I saw a long time ago called "Don't Look Now." This is the scary midget from that movie, and now that I remember it Venice had its sketchy moments. Second, as far as "random" goes, I do not mean "weird" in that nuevo way. Wait, maybe I do mean a little weird--this is dinosaur casserole, after all, and occasionally weirdness pops by for a visit. Mostly, 'though, I mean it will be a week of posts made without definite aim, reason, or pattern, and...wait a second. Why am I bothering to tell you this? That's my usual M.O., isn't it? I might as well say something deep like "This blog is on the World Wide Web!" Anyhoo, on to the sketchy and random topics for the day.
This weekend, I was trying to come up with unlikely foods, which is kind of like shooting fish in a barrel because there are so many:
1) Turnipz (the light little cracker with the big turnip taste!)--tap-dancing turnips are on the box.
2) Moogurt with Gravola—rich, beef-flavored yogurt with a little plastic dome filled with mix-in gravy crunchies!
4) Hoofait--lil' lunchbox-sized layered puddins' with three creamy, real hoof flavors (goat hoof, cow hoof, and camel hoof).
5) Ham-fu--ham-flavored tofu (hold on, I think I figured out this is pretty much Spam).
6) Foodcheese--real cheese flavored cheesefood.
7) Spinachos--spinach-flavored tortilla chips (I don't think this belongs here...it's too close to possible. You could have a great package design with a big hypno-wheel on the front and a little spinacho in the middle of the wheel. PAY me if you do this, dang it.).
8) Loafaloos with mini-mashalos--you already figured this one out, right? Cereal made of tiny meatloafs with dehydrated potato "mashalos." Add milk and it's...dinner.
9) Beansicle--a refreshing, high-protein ice pop made with eight kinds of beans.
10) Mock Ritz Pie--A mock ritz cracker mock apple pie made with circus peanuts and saltines. Is there no end to the mockery?