Miscellaneous Friday!

Okay, it's Miscellaneous Friday. I've got a doctor's appointment in awhile--it's one of those appointments where you have to get johnnied-up and go inadvertently flash people in a "public/private" waiting room. The last time I went there, a woman smoked in the bathroom and almost got jumped by an angry mob when she came slinking out.

The big topic of conversation is waiting, how long it takes for someone to see you, how long it takes AFTER someone sees you, and waiting. It can be a little dull. Once, a medical researcher came in while I was waiting and said, "Can I interview you about the amount of tension you feel now?" I felt like that was a really bad idea, so of course I said "Sure!" She was all young and earnest and Doogie Howserlike and stuff, and smart people had been turning her down. We established that I felt pretty dang tense, and I felt like I'd done my duty for humankind. Unfortunately, then she turned up IN the examination room and asked, "Do you feel more tense now?"

Anyhoo, to perk up the dire mood in the waiting room, I figure I'll take these guys along with me:

If anyone asks me "What's that jar?" I figure I'll say one of two things: "Jar? What jar?" or "It's a urine sample."

How 'bout that, huh? The Elite Team of Rescue Experts is getting scary big. Not that it matters with Bertie AWOL, of course.

Quiz for the Day:
Which Popular Mechanics cover is more frightening?
MR. FREAKY GOOGLE EYE BEAK NOSE
EARLY HITLER YOUTH/BORG HYBRID HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!