Early Space Exploration!

Here's some of my favorite space-related stuff when I was a kid.

FIRST AND BEST OF ALL! THE VIEWMASTER! I was fascinated by my Viewmaster, and I loved peeking into the 3-D worlds inside. While not directly related to space exploration, there were lots of Viewmaster reels about rockets and space, and I assumed every astronaut had a Viewmaster. Buying a new Viewmaster reel was an extremely exciting event. (Here's an interesting article about the Viewmaster. And, one about sculptor Florence Thomas.)

ONE OF MY FAVORITE VIEWMASTER IMAGES, FROM HUCKLEBERRY HOUND LANDS ON THE MOON I would still like to go to the "New Moon Drive-In."*
The Flying Saucer (photo courtesy of the Online Exhibits at the Archives of Ontario**)
Food Sticks--Mystery of the Astronauts! (chocolate not peanut butter)

The Monkey in the Rocket!
PlayPlax that I Used to Build My Super-Modern Moon House!
Kerplunk! Somehow, I always associated the shape of this with a rocket. 
Up Next: More toys.

*Image courtesy of Hanna-Barbera.

**It's time for my annual celebration of the Internet Archive, home of quite a bit of footage from the wonderful Prelinger Archives.

Have a great day!